We are proud of the diversity within our school community and are committed to ensure equality of opportunity for all. We recognise our duties and obligations under the public sector equality duty by having due regard to the need to:
· Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010.
· Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
· Foster good relations across all characteristics – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
We oppose all forms of discrimination and are committed to providing a safe and nurturing environment where all students feel secure, included, valued, confident and eager to learn.
This core value extends to all members of our school community including our staff and parents and encouraging this value in our students forms a central part of our curriculum and pastoral care.
The school's equalities objectives for 2023-2027 are:
- To encourage better engagement from and with parents from a wider range of cultural and ethnic backgrounds which better reflects our diverse school community.
- For staff and pupils to be supported to celebrate their faiths and festivals in a way that is fair to everyone
- To ensure that there is equality of opportunity for staff within the school, both through the appraisal system and thinking about how development opportunities are shared and promoted
- To establish an equalities, diversity and inclusions champions group to audit the school's current practice and identify future opportunities for improvement and leads our community in creating a culture where all pupils and staff are visible, represented and celebrated.