Part Time Finance Officer
PART TIME FINANCE OFFICER - JOB DESCRIPTION
Main duties and responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities are set out below, but not limited to:
- To pay all bills/Invoices as authorised by the Senior Leadership Team (SenLT).
- To place orders as authorised by the SenLT.
- To process the banking of cash and cheques on a weekly basis.
- To process all accounting transactions onto QuickBooks software package.
- To reconcile all bank accounts, credit card accounts and petty cash transactions
- To reconcile lunch cash receipts and chase outstanding monies.
- To reconcile school fees, lunches and free school meal receipts.
- To reconcile uniform sale receipts and chase outstanding monies.
- To monitor any donations received and monitor the “Just Giving” site, downloading relevant reports, as necessary.
- To liaise with & advise our payroll company regarding staff salaries and provide monthly payroll information (by the 15th of each month).
- To check payroll reports and make monthly salary payments to staff.
- To make monthly payments to Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs [HMRC] as instructed by the payroll company.
- To process monthly payroll journals onto QuickBooks.
- To upload monthly pension files to the pension company and monitor monthly pension payments.
- To act as credit control for any unpaid invoices.
- To monitor restricted funds income and expenditure [ring fenced].
- To maintain the Fixed Asset Register, including acquisitions and disposals.
- To monitor the annual budget against monthly and termly management accounts.
- To prepare and produce monthly and termly management accounts, for issue to the Senior Leadership Team [SenLT] and Trustee Governors, including the liaising with auditors for submission of annual returns to Companies House and the Charities Commission.
- To attend termly Finance meetings and present latest management accounts and reports.
- To attend National Association of independent schools and non-maintained Special Schools [NASS] Personnel and Finance Meetings throughout the year and feedback information to the SenLT.
- To prepare and issue all fee invoices to Local Authorities [LAs] (obtaining any necessary Purchase Order numbers) and parents and to monitor payments made.
- To prepare and issue all Free School Meals [FSM] invoices for LAs and monitor payments.
- To prepare and issue all lunch invoices to parents and monitor payments.
- To set the annual budget in collaboration with the Headteacher & Finance Committee.
- To set the annual School fees in collaboration with the Headteacher & Finance Committee.
- To liaise with LAs and Commissioning Groups regarding any fee uplifts.
- To prepare all financial papers for the annual audit.
- To liaise and provide support to the auditors, checking returns to Companies House and the Charity Commission.
- To update annual salary changes, issue salary letters and staff contracts.
- To prepare and issue Pupil Premium invoices to LAs and monitor payments.
- To prepare annual Pupil Premium Statements and Sports & PE Grant Statements, in collaboration with the SenLT and ensure all documents are up to date on the school website.
- To update all Finance Policies, as necessary – usually annually.
As and when necessary
- To liaise with NOW Pensions and The Pension Regulator, as necessary.
- To liaise with Education and Skills Funding Agency [ESFA] regarding funding, as necessary.
- To process orders, subscription & membership renewals & contract renewals, as authorised by the SenLT.
- To keep abreast of any relevant legislative changes & updates.
- To assist the School Business Manager and Headteacher as required.